Tuesday, July 05, 2011

First look at my first shorts




I finally finished my first pair of shorts on Sunday!

Unfortunately it was dark by then, and weekdays it's always dark when I get off work, so I haven't gotten the chance to take any nice photos of it.

Here's a dodgy first look: sits at the natural waist, two mid-sized pockets, slim waistband, and fitted without elastic gathers. As previously mentioned, it took me 2 rounds of muslin tests to get the fit right. I still think it can be improved, but at the same time I'm also glad it wasn't a disaster.

And it really turns out that sewing shorts isn't that difficult after all! I'm looking forward to sewing more.

Right now, I'd like to get started on drafting a bodice block on the computer.. If only I could sew day and night!

No comments: